We Need Your Help
Each year we receive enough provincial funding to provide basic care for our residential core members but it does not cover all of our costs. In fact each year the gap gets bigger and bigger. L’Arche is known for more than just basic care. Our core members receive specialized support in our homes. The spiritual, emotional and one-on-one social support that we provide exceeds all government-mandated services.
This year we need more than $75,000 in additional costs that are not funded by the province of Ontario. Our core values, that are part of the DNA of L’Arche communities in Canada and around the world, demand that we raise funds to cover the shortfall. We cannot cut our services.
To see our most recent financial statements Click Here
See the difference your donation will make in North Bay
- $150 provides a headphone for activities in our day program (Day Program Activities Fund)
- $300 provides an iPod or MP3 players for our core members during their quiet time
- $500 provides a mattress for our live-in assistants (General Fund)
- $750 provides one iPad for our core members
- $2,000 to improve lighting in one of our homes
- $15,000 allows us to upgrade our van to have wheelchair access
- $35,000 allows us to replace one of our aging vans (Christopher’s Campaign)
- $150,000 to renovate a home (Home Renovation Fund)
- A donation to the Solidarity Fund will help L’Arche around the World
- Help Chris lose weight and raise money to replace vehicles. To learn more Click Here
Please send your cheque made out to L’Arche North Bay. Or donate online using the secure form below (having trouble seeing the form – try refreshing the page)